Was born and raised in Miami Florida and moved to NYC to attend Pratt Institute in the spring of 2001. My development of work in New York over 10 years allowed me to explore a variety of mediums and construction methods to expand the diversity of my creative ability. In my work I am interested in describing the underlying metaphysical reality of the world around us. I am investigating the concepts of image construction through photography, the fundamental principles of reality in paintings and drawings, and tensions between materials and physical space with sculpture. I am currently working on establishing a working studio between NYC and Berlin.
In my works I am exploring the dynamics of people within society in relationship to achievement of their ideals through using simplified geometries and universal forms. In every society there are primary elements of humanity that work in similar ways regardless of race, religion, or culture. In each society there are specific objectives that define that culture, but I believe all people share fundamental principles that guide the cohesion and division of the progression and regression of their own concept of community. It is in the instinct of human nature to evolve and make their own lives better. In that instinct of the individual exists the need for both, community and individual achievement in order to grow and move up in a socio-economic structure.
- Warmth growth and familiarity
- family, friends, community, support networks, love
- schools of thought and the collaboration of works toward discovery and invention, capitalism as opportunity
- friendship based on nothing more than personal acceptance
- the basic laws and order that allow individuals within a society to construct a life for themselves
- logistics of a community, health, social congregation
- employment and connection of skills and trade for mutual growth, capitalism as a natural law
- growth of industry according to mutual benefit
- war and social extortions
- gang violence and rape
- growth of profit based on singular benefit at the expense of others, capitalism as a man eating machine
- utilitarian culture of human waste and nepotism